#IFBCON Schedule & Panel Line-up:
Really look forward to this year’s new venue and introduction of breakout sessions. Here’s my recap on PR Couture from the last IFBCON.
September 4: Day 1
Panel 1: The Future of Fashion, Moderated by Lauren Indvik of Mashable
With industry experts and leading trendspotters, this panel aims to discuss where the fashion industry is headed and what fashion trends will infiltrate the blogging world.
- Mary Alice Stephenson, Stylist & World Renown Fashion & Beauty Expert
- Scott Lipps, CEO of One Management
- Andrea Lavinthal, Style Director for People.com
- YM Ousley, Founder Signature9
- Carla Dunham, Senior Director of Social Media at Saks Fifth Avenue
- Andrea Derricks, Research Advisor at L2 ThinkTank
- Karen Robinovitz, Founder of Digital Brand Architects
Panel 2: The Business Behind Blogging
When should you hire an agent? What should you be aware of before entering into those negotiations? This panel will be the ultimate resource for all bloggers looking to grow professionally and whether taking the big step for representation is the right move.
- Jessie Artigue, stylist and blogger behind Style & Pepper
- Alicia Lund, blogger behind Cheetah is the New Black
- Carol Han, Partner at CA Creative
- Krystal Bick, blogger behind This Time Tomorrow
- Lalena Luba, Vice President of Public Relations at BCBG MAX AZRIA Group
- Erin Hiemstra, entrepreneur and blogger behind Apartment34
Panel 3: How to Make Friends and Win Readers, Moderated by Sade Strehlke from Icon Concierge
In today’s growing blogging industry, the key to becoming more successful is through your relationships and networks. This panel will offer tips and insights from industry professionals on how to grow your readership in an organic, authentic way.
- Kate Arends, blogger behind Wit & Delight
- Samantha Lim, Editor-in-Chief at Fashion Indie
- Nicole Warne, blogger behind Gary Pepper
- Carolyn Hsu, editor at The Daily Obsession
- Sydney Poulton, blogger behind The Daybook
- Elise Yetton, blogger behind Pennyweight
September 5: Day 2
Panel 4: The New Entrepreneur brought to you by Rakuten Linkshare
On the cover of every magazine and in featured advertising campaigns is the new model/entrepreneur: the blogger. Blogging’s most successful entrepreneurs and industry experts share their experiences overcoming challenges, growing their personal brand and long-term business tips for all bloggers, new and old.
- Scott Allan, Senior Vice President, Global Marketing, Rakuten LinkShare
- Katie Armour, Matchbook magazine
- Taylor Sterling, Founder of Glitter Guide
- Katie Rogers, illustrator and entrepreneur behind PaperFashion
- Michelle Madhok, blogger behind Shefinds
- Kendi Skeen, blogger behind Kendi Everyday
- Eddie Newton, street-style photographer Mr. Newton
Panel 5: Journalism vs. Blogging
Ethics, credibility and more are at the heart of this panel which will delve into the differences, similarities, and the increasingly gray area between the two industries. Industry leaders will share their insight, showing how bloggers can become better writers and publishers while top bloggers will discuss how they became trusted leaders in the industry, offering tips for the entire audience.
- Kelly Framel, Stylist & blogger behind The Glamourai
- Meaghan Mahoney Dusil, blogger behind Purseblog
- Kim France, former Editor-in-Chief of Lucky Magazine & blogger behind Girls of a Certain Age
- Kerry Folan, Editor at Racked
- Eva Chen, Beauty Editor for Teen Vogue
- Lily Mandelbaum and Elisa Goodkind, bloggers behind StyleLikeU
- Wendy Brandes, jewelry-maker at Wendy Brandes Jewelry
Panel 6: Bringing Bravery Back to Blogging, Moderated by Nicolette Mason
Remember the days when blogging used to be about original content and taking a stance without having to worry what everyone would say? We’re fighting to revolutionize the community, and talking to the leaders who bring individuality back to the forefront. This panel will talk about the evolution of blogging, how it has affected the community and why bravery is making a comeback.
- Gabi Gregg, blogger behind Gabi Fresh
- Charlotte Cowles, Senior Editor at NY Magazine’s The Cut
- Bri Emery, graphic designer and blogger behind DesignLoveFest
- Karley Sciortino, blogger behind Slutever